Benefits Seminar 2nd Thursday every month from 2pm to 3pm, Pete Wheeler Auditorium. Ground floor Atlanta VAMC, presentations will include: Health Eligibility, Insurance and Patient Billing, Fee Basis, Benefits (Claims) and much more.
Dept of Veterans Affairs Core Values
I – Integrity
C – Commitment
A – Advocacy
R – Respect
E – Excellence
Keep ALL attitudes in check so that they meaning the VA can assist you properly. Check and double check your medical records.
1. File a claim. A) at the state office, get a time and date stamp copy. B) place date filed and date and reply should be received. Apply for ebenefits account.
2. Disputing a claim. A) if your claim is denied, file a letter of disagreement , not an appeal. An appeal can take as long as 3 years to be heard. With a letter of disagreement, a District Review Officer will review your claim and if your claim has to go for appeal The DRO will lead the effort to develop the documents and packages for the appeal. Develop a narrative to support your reasoning. Remember, CRS March 21, 2006 report to congress, a combat veteran information is treated different. Your DD 214 will have all your deployments with the exceptions of temporary change of station . Award letter must be reviewed and analyzed for deviations from the benefits book and or VA, Congressional guidelines. Medical records are extremely important. You should always obtain a date when you will be contacted back on your request. This date should be put on your calendar for follow-up. You must be discipline in your follow up, excuses that they have not called you back , is your fault. Take charge of your case.
3. If you have past the deadline for receiving contact back, you should refer this issue to your Senator and your representative(DAV ,VFW) Remember, you have to work to get your benefits .
Sent from my iPad Hayward Reed Jr.
BOOK SIGNING DATES HAVE CHANGED TO A TWO DAY EVENT AT MOREHOUSE COLLEGE BOOKSTORE AT 830 WESTVIEW DRIVE S.W. ATLANTA, GA 30314. 25 OCT 2012 AND 26 OCT 2012 ARE THE NEW DATES FOR “PTSD MY STORY PLEASE LISTEN! BOOK SIGNING. A PRESS RELEASE WILL GO OUT TO ALL MEDIA. TIME 10 A.M. TO 2 P.M.
Author Curtis Butler III
From: Darlene Lanier
Thank you Mr. Butler for agreeing to be one of our speakers at the 2012 Veterans Appreciation on November 12, 2012.
Darlene A. Lanier, CPRW
Clayton Career Center
Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialist
2450 Mt. Zion Pkwy, Suite 100
Jonesboro, GA 30236
(678) 479-5886 Ext. 526
(678) 479-5256 Fax
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:37 AM
Subject: Veterans Affairs: Benefits for Service-Connected Disabilities
Attached is the link to the CRS that is the foundation to the benefits book and can be used with your efforts to assist other veterans. Included are the numbers that can be useful in your presentation to the veteran.
Navy Records 1866-827-5672. FAX 901-874-2664
VA Medical records 314-538-4500 FAX 314-538-4571
Social security office 6452 S. Lee Street
Morrow, GA 30260
Additional numbers for medical records retrieval is available in Records in the basement at the medical center. Any veteran that you are trying to assist use present you with their award letter. It is a waste of time to attempt to evaluate the veteran’s position without it. On Wednesday October 22, 2012, we will discuss a path forward for assisting veterans getting their benefits. This effort is becoming a bigger responsibility than we planned for. All of your opinions and input will valuable. Save this information for your use. I will see you Wednesday.
Tracy Quantum, LLC
New Optimism for Wellness & Sustainability
Tracy Dyson CEO
14 Nov 12
New Hope Medical Institute, Inc.
3840 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.,Duluth, GA 30096
Tel: 770-670-6616 Fax: 770-670-6617
Start now by looking at these helpful Websites:
Information on scope of WIA training and printable application
Occupational information on any job
List of eligible training providers and programs
Learn how you can get Work Ready certified
PELL application for financial assistance
7) Atlanta Regional Workforce Board (ARWB)/ Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) Training Hotline: 404-463-3327 TDD: 1-800-255-0056
Voice 1-800-255-0135 www.atlantaregional.com/wiatraining
8) Career Resources Center, Cherokee (serves Cherokee County)
Chattahoochee Technical College, 8371 Main Street, Woodstock
9) Career Resources Center, Clayton (serves Clayton, Fayette, Henry counties) 3000 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 350, Morrow
10) Career Resource Center, Douglas (serves Douglas County)
6754 Broad Street, Rm 104, Douglasville (Old County Courthouse)
Call to schedule appt. 770-920-4104
11) Career Resource Center, Rockdale (serves Rockdale County)
1400 Parker Road, Lobby B, Conyers
Call to schedule appt. 770-806-2020
12) Career Center Resource Center, Norcross (serves Gwinnett County)
3885 Crestwood Parkway, Suite 200, Duluth 770-806-2020
13) Dept of Labor Gwinnett Career Center (serves Gwinnett County)
2211 Beaver Ruin Road, Suite 160, Norcross
Call to schedule appt. 770-840-2200
14) CobbWorks! (serves Cobb County)
463 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 100 Marrietta
15) Dekalb Workforce Center (serves Dekalb County)
320 Church Street, Decatur
16) Dept of Labor Dekalb Career Center
3879 Covington Highway, Decatur 404-298-3970
17) Goodwill Industries
1295 Columbia Drive, Decatur 404-373-0456
18) Atlanta Workforce Development (serves City of Atlanta)
818 Pollard Blvd., 2nd Floor, Rm E-11, Atlanta
19) North Fulton Career Center
8610 Roswell Road, Suite 660, Atlanta
20) South Fulton Career Center
5710 Stonewall Tell Road, Suite 160, College Park
15 Nov 12
20 Nov 12
Author Curtis Butler III will meet with Rep: Tyrone Brooks to speak on what we can do to assist homeless Veterans and to get them back into the system.
5 Dec 12
14 Dec 12
Veteran Empowerment Organization 373 Westlake Ave N.W. Atlanta, GA 30318. 14 Dec 12 tomorrow from noon to 1pm.
Press Conference for “Give Like A King” featuring T.I. To help support homeless veterans. I Author Curtis Butler III will be introducing the T.I.
17 Dec 12
Nicole Davis (Manager)
Taxdrx.com of South Atlanta
1850 Hudson Bridge Rd
Stockbridge, GA 30281
05 Jan 13
Make sure you put on the paperwork Mr. Curtis Butler III, this way my organization receives donations.Thank you.
www.businessbootcamp.us – this site has a tab for the top tier for BBC.
www.optimizemylife.com – this is Dr. Joel Griffings site for the vets.
www.thehopecollection.com – this is also one of Joel’s site that supplement his program.
www.usnmsf1.org – this is my non profit that support our troops.
Hello Mr Butler, Also here is the enrollment form to use for every vet you send to the program in order for us to keep a track.